English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops Knowledge Base

T410 - Reinstall Lenovo Welcome Screen (screen during start up)

<h2>Question</h2> <p>I lost the Lenovo/Think welcome screen on the host when I installed VMPlayer with Win 7 x64 as a guest OS, it reverted to the standard Windows welcome screen.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>Any idea how to get it back?</p> <h2>Answer</h2> <p>Try Option A and if it doesn't help, switch to Option B.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p><strong>Option A:</strong></p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <ol> <li>Locate the black Lenovo wallpaper picture, which should be located here: <br />C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Think<br /><br /></li> <li>Paste it in this directory: <br />C:\Windows\System32\oobe\info\backgrounds<br /><br /></li> <li>Rename it to 'backgroundDefault'.</li> <li>It must be a JPEG file (the Lenovo Black background is already, though).</li> <li>It should be there the next time you log in</li> </ol> <p>Note: You can change the login screen's background to anything you wish by just substituting the proper image in place of the Lenovo one (size of image must be &lt; 256 Kb.)</p> <p><br /><strong>Option B:</strong></p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <ol> <li>Open the Registry Editor and navigate to:<br />HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windos\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background<br /><br /></li> <li>Make a backup of the registry before you do the next step for you could restore if it goes wrong.</li> <li>Change the value of the key 'OEMBackground' to 1.</li> <li>Other than that, you should be good to go.</li> </ol>

Was this information helpful?

Comments

Aman1 On 2015-05-19, 9:30 AM

my thinkpad T410  webcam does not work and device manager does not have webcam software after installation please give me some solution

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop