Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Revenent
Fanfold Paper
Views: 27,677
Message 21 of 57

Re: T510 Still missing audio on DisplayPort

@jPad wrote:

I just got my T510 today and happy to report the displayport on the T510 with the Nvidia carries both audio and video using a DisplayPort to HDMI converter. When you plugin in a displayport cable/converter into the displayport , you will see a new playback device call NVidia HD audio which will allow you to output audio over displayport.

Can someone with the Intel video card on the T510 verify that displayport also carries audio?

Wow, that's great news!  One less thing to worry about!

sweeny
Paper Tape
Views: 27,099
Message 22 of 57

will the displayport drive a DUAL-DVI display? (for large monitors in the 2560x1600 range)

one writer in an earlier post mentioned using a 42" DVI monitor which I assume fits that category.  I'm just looking for specific validation.  monoprice has relatively inexpensive DP-DVI adapters which make this attractive.

thanks.

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 26,741
Message 23 of 57

@sweeny wrote:

will the displayport drive a DUAL-DVI display? (for large monitors in the 2560x1600 range)

one writer in an earlier post mentioned using a 42" DVI monitor which I assume fits that category.  I'm just looking for specific validation.  monoprice has relatively inexpensive DP-DVI adapters which make this attractive.

thanks.

You can drive the the WQXGA monitor by purchasing an active DP to DVI converter (Has dvi dual link, you would also need the dual link dvi cable), Dell sells them for 99 USD on their website. The DP to DVI converter that lenovo has only supports single link DVI, so WUXGA resolution is the highest it can muster.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/cables/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=330-...

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Mutnat
Token Ring
Views: 26,716
Message 24 of 57

I got my DisplayPort to HDMI adapter from Dell a couple of days ago and tested with my TV, and indeed audio IS passed through on a T510 with Integrated Intel graphics.

Fanfold Paper
Views: 26,700
Message 25 of 57

I have also gotten audio (including 5.1 Dolby)  with a T510 with descrete graphics, using a fairly inexpensive ($7) DP->HDMI adapter:   http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001S2PYQY/ref=oss_product

Spearoid
Punch Card
Views: 26,597
Message 26 of 57

I finally got my displayport to HDMI adapter and am not getting sound to pass through.

I have a T410 with integrated graphics only. I have two HDTVs. I currently have a computer hooked up to one through HDMI that passes audio and video to the TV perfectly.

I saw, I think, one post on this thread by someone with integrated graphics that had success with audio, but there could have been more. 

The tips offered to get things working seem to involve NVidia items. To my knowledge, I have nothing NVidia on this laptop. 

When you all plug in your displays, what shows up in device manager as your monitor?

Does it recognize your TV by model or does it say Generic PNP?  That is all I get using either TV. And for audio devices, I only have the Conexant option.

Can anyone with a T410 with integrated graphics testify to their success or failures passing audio through their displayport?

Mutnat
Token Ring
Views: 26,566
Message 27 of 57

@Spearoid wrote:

I saw, I think, one post on this thread by someone with integrated graphics that had success with audio, but there could have been more. 

The tips offered to get things working seem to involve NVidia items. To my knowledge, I have nothing NVidia on this laptop. 

When you all plug in your displays, what shows up in device manager as your monitor?

Does it recognize your TV by model or does it say Generic PNP?  That is all I get using either TV. And for audio devices, I only have the Conexant option.

Can anyone with a T410 with integrated graphics testify to their success or failures passing audio through their displayport?

I can testify.  Integrated graphics, and I've got it hooked up via HDMI adapter to my Samsung DLP 1080p TV.  Audio is coming out of the TV speakers as I type this.

Here's my Device Manager monitor settings as per your request:

Device Manager Monitor

The trick though is to go to your Control Panel, open the Sound control panel, and then right click on your TV (mine's the Samsung pictured below) and select Set as Default Device.  Then you should start hearing audio out the TV speakers, and the green sound meter beside the TV in the Sound control panel should start responding to the audio you're playing.

Sound Control Panel

Token Ring
Views: 26,513
Message 28 of 57

Okay it looks like linking to my pics on twitpic didn't work--sorry.  I did it on my way out the door yesterday and didn't notice until now.  I wish this forum had a pic attachment feature like most do.  It's a pain to have to put them up on a photo service in order to link them here.  Hmmm.  Well anyway yes it my TV shows up as a "Generic PnP Monitor" in Device Manager.  And the instructions I posted for setting your TV as your default device in the Sound Control Panel should work even without the attached picture.  Give it a shot!

Punch Card
Views: 26,412
Message 29 of 57

Haha, i wish pictures could be posted too. Smiley Happy  But I can guess what your pictures looked like. I had nothing in the sound applet other than the Conexant item. That is good to know you had the PNP monitor in your device manager though. Maybe if I have it plugged up while restarting my laptop, it will detect an audio source as well.

thanks for the info. time to test.

Spearoid
Punch Card
Views: 26,404
Message 30 of 57

okay, so nothing I tried worked, albeit I only tried on one TV.
how about these questions:

Is that second audio component in your sound applet always present or does it only show up when you are connected to a TV source?

What is the name or title of that audio component? 

I have one item in there and it is titled Conexant 20585 SmartAudio HD. I have yet to see another appear.

I should confess that I bought this cable on eBay....but it clearly stated audio support and HDMI 1.3...and the seller has an excellent feedback score.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors