Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
w8lig
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,918
Message 1 of 3

T410 Windows 10: Fingerprint Reader not working on powerup

In order to power up my T410 with Windows 10, I have to press the power button and then when Windows 10 brings up the sign on screen, I can then swipe my finger to sign in. I have the boxed checked in the Lenovo the fingerprint software to use fingerprint for power up and the green light is lit on the scanner. Using Thinkvantage Fingerprint software verison 5.5.9 build 7282.

Moderator note:added model and OS to subject for increased visibility

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,881
Message 2 of 3

Re: T410 Windows 10: Fingerprint Reader not working on powerup

Windows 10 is not officially supported on your T410, but for any chance of this to work you need to be using ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software version 6.0 (not 5.9.9)

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds036923

After installing this version, you may need to delete all your fingerprints and enroll them again.

w8lig
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,788
Message 3 of 3

Re: T410 Windows 10: Fingerprint Reader not working on powerup

I downloaded and installed v6.0, but the results are same. When the laptop is shut down, the power button flashes several times and then the led on the reader comes on. If I do not close the lid, I can swipe my finger and the laptop will wake up. However if I close the lid, I must then press the power button to wake up the computer and swipe my finger when the reader becomes active. The led on the reader is on when the lid is opened, but is not active.

It all seems to work, but I just cannot wake up the laptop like before with Windows 7 Pro.

Top Kudoed Authors