Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gigglez
Paper Tape
Views: 1,571
Message 1 of 11

T410 Windows 10 Intel Video Driver Crashing

Hi, is anyone else experiencing daily video accelerator crashing on T410 Windows 10?  I have two units and they both crash after resuming the display after auto screen turn off.  I have tried all the suggestions online from all over the web and nothing works.  I hope that Lenovo will do something about this.  Or, does anyone know how to stop this annoyance?  Many thanks.

Guru
Views: 1,568
Message 2 of 11

Re: T410 Windows 10 Intel Video Driver Crashing

Welcome Gigglez

1. Is your T410 comes with only Intel GPU or both Intel / NVIDIA Optimus?

2. Is your existing drivers installed automatically by Windows or is it downloaded and installed from Lenovo Support?

3. You could download and install a newer version of Intel HD Drivers*. Download and install NVIDIA driver also if it comes with it.
*As T410 is already more than 5 years old, Intel and Lenovo may not provide supports and newer drivers to match newer version of Windows.

If this 3 steps does not resolve your problem, you may have to revert your T410 to Windows 7. 

Peter
ThinkPad W520 | ThinkCentre E73 SFF | Yoga 11s | Yoga 3 Pro | Yoga 900 | Yoga Home 900 | Yoga Tablet 2 Pro | Miix 2 10" | IdeaPad Y460p | IdeaPad K1 | 3000 Y300 

Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark thread solved if the solution works | I am an active volunteer, not an Lenovo employee

=====================================

List of Sound Enhancement Thread

W520 ; Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Yoga 3 Pro ; X100e ; Vibe Shot ; Yoga 900 ; P50

Gigglez
Paper Tape
Views: 1,561
Message 3 of 11

Hi PeterTWJ,

Yes, I forgot to mention that it is Intel HD, not Nvidia.  I have tried steps such as you mentioned above, but none of them worked.  I guess I will just stick to the crashes, since I still think 10 is better than 7, unless of course anyone has any suggestions. 

I do think, however, that Microsoft should put a fix in for this.  After all, they nagged us to upgrade so much!  Or, Lenovo should pressure Intel to make a driver update for this chipset.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,535
Message 4 of 11

Hi Gigglez,

Before upgrading to Windows 10, did you check Lenovo's List of Supported Systems to make sure your T410 is compatible? If it is not on the list, it will require some work and patience on your part to find something that works. The other alternative is to roll back to your previous operating system.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

Gigglez
Paper Tape
Views: 1,530
Message 5 of 11

Nope.  Silly me, I just followed Microsoft's nag assuring me my computer was compatible.  

Gigglez
Paper Tape
Views: 1,529
Message 6 of 11

I know that the T410 is an "old" computer by Lenovo's standards, but there must be thousands if not millions of people out there still using this laptop as it is a workhorse that doesn't die easily.  I don't believe in wasting money just to have the latest computer. 

Microsoft should make their software not make the driver crash if Lenovo/Intel aren't going to do anything about it, since they are essentially forcing everyone to upgrade at some point.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,519
Message 7 of 11

Hi Gigglez,

Neither Microsoft nor Lenovo is "forcing" anyone to upgrade the operating system or the hardware. It takes time to test older systems. Drivers are not written by the OEM so it is possible that it is the subcomponent OEM that is not supporting 10. If you would like to wait, instead of rolling back, keep checking the list for updates.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

SpywareHammer

Gigglez
Paper Tape
Views: 1,514
Message 8 of 11

Let me clarify; what I mean by forcing updates is when Windows 7 stops receiving updates, the only safe alternative is to move to Windows 10.  I'm not bickering just to cause trouble; Microsoft told me that 10 was compatible with my computer.  

To make a further point, last year I gave my old x31 to someone and upgraded it to Windows 7.  All drivers worked correctly and there were no glitches of any kind.  Obviously, the x31 is much older than a T410, yet can still handle 7.  

I've already called Microsoft service and they have said many, many people are complaining about the same type of issue on different hardware.  Hopefully, this will cause them to do something positive.

As for why I posted this, I want to see if any T410 owners have experienced the same issue and have found a viable solution.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,502
Message 9 of 11

I agree that it would have been more helpful for consumers if Microsoft had specified exactly what was being tested for compatibility. Microsoft made it clear in their articles that drivers and some software may need to be re-installed. Unfortunately, it was not explained that some drivers may no longer be available. Fortunately, the OEM's published compatibility lists for their customers. I don't believe Microsoft will be changing their stance. That is why there is a rollback option.

Windows 7 extended support does not end until 2020. Personally, I'd rather have a working computer than one with a crashing video driver. In your case, maybe someone will find a way around it. I'll subscribe to this topic and keep my fingers crossed for you hoping that your problem can be resolved.

SpywareHammer

Gigglez
Paper Tape
Views: 1,492
Message 10 of 11

It is a hit-and-miss affair.  Where I work, some people have really old, slow Acer and Asus desktops, much older than my ThinkPad, and they have had no compatibility issues.  So if age were the main factor, I think that they should have more problems than I do.

Anyway, I was hoping someone had a registry edit type of solution or something to make the problem go away.  I will also check back and see.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors