Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calipm
Paper Tape
Views: 1,164
Message 1 of 1

T410 Windows 7 (2516CTO) - Can't update drivers with system update

I have a lenovo T410 running W7 (2516CTO).  My issue involves updating drivers.  When I run "system update" it identifies several optional drivers which need updating.
- Wireless WAN
- Wimax for Kilmer Peak
- Wifi for Kilmer Peak
- Conexant Audio Software
I've tried to install these several times with no luck.  The result is always that I loose all internet connectivity (first three) and audio (last one).  In addition, my system becomes unstable and "system restore" doesn't work either.  I have been forced to use "rescue and recovery" from my external harddrive to reinstate a saved working operating system.  I think the wireless wan update tries to install the Qualcomm Gobi 2000.  Each time I've tried to install it, upon reboot the system searchs for an appropriate driver, seems to find it, but fails in its attempt to install it.  I've even tried to manually install the drivers by following the instruction on the lenovo site.  The program runs, but each time it tells me that windows failed to install the necessary driver.  Could anyone help me with these problems?  My default action right now is just to ignore these optional updates.
Many thanks.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors