Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agartland
What's DOS?
Views: 271
Message 1 of 2

T410 is dead with flashing and beeping with AC power

Hi all,

I looked around thinking I would easily find an explanation for my dead T410s given all these symptoms, but I can't find anything. Its out of warranty so I will probably need to diagnose myself and order the right part etc. Thank you for your help in advance!

Andrew

- Computer went black (powered down) for apparently no reason. It has done this ~once a week for the last month but  I can usually turn it back on

- Now, when AC power is provided (w/ and w/o battery) there is a beeping and clicking 1 to 2 times a second with the fingerprint reader flashing in sync. Computer does not respond to pressing power button.

- With battery power only, the computer is totally unresponsive

agartland
What's DOS?
Views: 262
Message 2 of 2

Re: T410 is dead with flashing and beeping with AC power

Solved the problem! Hopefully this will help someone else.

Symptoms are apparently that of a short with the mother board? When I removed the back plate for the Wifi cards there were three cables not attached to anything (I think they are antenna cables for a WAN card that I don't have). Two of them had slipped under the protective plastic that was stuck to the motherboard. When I removed the wires and covered them in electric tape the computer stopped beeping and booted normally.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors