Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
terryhermitage
What's DOS?
Views: 284
Message 1 of 4

T410 power on issues - strange one

Hi,

My T410 would not power on, nothing when pressing the button.

It will power up if I remove the cmos battery, plug the power in, unplug, re-connect the cmos battery and then plug the power in, and it works fine then...until it's powered off of course and the cycle begins again.

I thought it may be a faulty cmos battery so I have changed that to no avail.

Next step is to change the keyboard I guess? the power button seems to do nothing...it will not power the laptop off etc.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and found a solution before I spend £20 or so on a keyboard off Ebay.

Thanks,

Terry

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 267
Message 2 of 4

Re: T410 power on issues - strange one

I have changed more than one keyboard on this model after the power button failed.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 254
Message 3 of 4

It might be just a bad power button, but saw this on a non-Lenovo blog, so you might give it a try

• Unplug the AC adapter and take out the battery.
  • Push the power button 10 times in a row at one second intervals.
  • Push and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
  • Put the battery back in and push the power button

terryhermitage
What's DOS?
Views: 226
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Thanks, it is very simlar to the static issue but I think the power button has died as it doesn't respond at all.... the only way is to unplug the cmos battery and put the ac adapter in, it then powers on without pressing the button so I can only assume it's stuck in the on position!

Although this laptop is now a good few years old it's had very little use so I'm a bit disappointed with the Lenovo, the previous family browser had run constantly since 2007 without any real issue and it still works other than a noisy fan but sadly it can only take 3Gb of RAM so it was time to put the spare Lenovo to use, it's lasted a week before dying :-( so far in that week it's gone through a hard drive and a keyboard!

I'll try the new keyboard, fingers crossed!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors