Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Exàbits
Blue Screen Again
Views: 104
Message 1 of 3

T410 refuses to boot

Hello there, let me get off and started saying that I am on a phone and I might be a bit slow to respond. My T410 was torn apart by a "repair service" and this poor thing now refuses to start. Originally this was just to fix the charging issue. Now it charges but refuses to boot. It'll make the attempt to though, you can hear the hard

drive make that beep noise (which isn't good as far as I know). I just want to ressurect my laptop at this point. It's severely torn apart, both ram sticks don't seem to be damaged. While I was moving about the forum I found a few threads on beeping. Mine gives me a 1-3-3-1 pattern, I'm not entirely sure whether or not it's fixable or not. See photo,15657727553683669570809133883953.jpg

If there's anyone out there that's willing to help an increasingly more frustrated and bored person I'd be forever grateful.

SeniorGuru
Views: 66
Message 2 of 3

Re: T410 refuses to boot

Welcome to the forum.

Mine gives me a 1-3-3-1 pattern, I'm not entirely sure whether or not it's fixable or not.

Normally this means either a problem with RAM or that the motherboard is defective. To rule out RAM, try

1. boot with no RAM installed

2. boot with one RAM module installed

3. boot with the other RAM module installed (assuming you have more than one)

4. if you only have one RAM module then perhaps you can borrow a compatible module to test with

Make sure that you install the RAM modules carefully to ensure that they're seated correctly and all pins are making contact with the socket. Note that there are two RAM sockets, one on the bottom of the system unit and the other under the keyboard.

The ThinkPad T410 and T410i Hardware Maintenance Manual provides more information about beep codes as well as instructions for replacing RAM.

Blue Screen Again
Views: 61
Message 3 of 3

Re: T410 refuses to boot

Well so far each stick yeilds the same result, just a quick boot and crash. It's looking more and more like I have a thrashed motherboard on my hands now.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors