Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Viewtifulcaptur
What's DOS?
Views: 229
Message 1 of 1

T410 shuts down approx. 20 seconds after power on

Recently my T410 has been overheating and shuttind down after a few hours of browser usage. I believed this was due to a heating problem so I finally got under the keyboard today only to find little to no dust or debris clogging up the heatsink fan. Just to be safe I hit it with the compressed air again. After reassembling, the laptop now shutdown after a short period of being powered on. This shutdown happens regardless of me getting into windows loading or getting into the BIOS setup. I think this too may be an overheating problem, as I see and hear the fan spinning up harder before the sudden shutdown. 

I've tried everything from running with only the AC in, only one ram card in, holding the power button for 30 seconds prior to actually powering up, etc. Is there any more troubleshooting I should preform, or should I just accept the fact I'm better off handing this to a repair professional.

Side note: After reassemble I had 3 screws that didn't fit anywhere on the exterior casing, maybe I mistook a screw placement and now it's somehow short circuiting?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors