Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marazo
What's DOS?
Views: 5,500
Message 1 of 5

T410 with Lenovo USB keyboard: Fn + F -keys

Hi,

I have T410 running Windows XP and SK-8821 USB keyboard. The keyboard is otherwise nice, but there's one huge problem. The F1 - F12 keys are by default assigned to spceial functions. (mute, colume control, sleep...) But I desperatly need the F keys to function as a regular F keys. Now when I need to press F3, I allways have to press the 'Fn' + F3.

On the other hand, on my laptops keyboard the F keys work the right way around.

I've heard that there might be an option to toggle F-Lock on BIOS, but will it affect only the USB keyboard, or will it then screw up the laptops keyboard by reversing also functionality on them? I can't test this easily because I don't have access to BIOS without the help from our IT department.

Any other addvice what I might try? There seems to be no keyboard drivers or anything on the software side I could use to fix this keyboard.

Former Employee
Views: 5,452
Message 2 of 5

Re: T410 with Lenovo USB keyboard: Fn + F -keys

hey Marazo

could you try the following,

1. uninstall HotKey, Power Manager and Power Management Drivers.

2. Go to http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-74582.html

3. Download the latest software for the one that was previously uninstalled. And reinstall it.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Marazo
What's DOS?
Views: 5,447
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

I tried uninstalling and re istalling as suggested. Didn't do anything for the USB keyvoard. Still working as before.

Only change was, that laptops keyboards Fn combos stopped working all together and also the blue ThinkWantage button is not working and the on screen information of keyboard events (CapsLock, Mute...) are not shown. Smiley Very Happy So one might say that things actually have gone a bit worse.

Former Employee
Views: 5,444
Message 4 of 5

hmm, so after you uninstall the three software and reinstalled ? it became worse?

strange, btw.. could you go to that same link, there's a link for downloading bios, try a bios update.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Marazo
What's DOS?
Views: 5,441
Message 5 of 5

Yeah, I uninstalled and reinstalled the three software. Power management and drivers were rather straight forward. The HotKey was a bit problematic because it apparently was four different programs combined.

I'll try the bios update next.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors