cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arex
Blue Screen Again
Views: 799
Message 1 of 4

T410s Recovery Partition -- revert Dynamic disk to Basic?

This is a stupid error on my part, but while I was trying to wipe an external HDD and recover all the space, I saw an option to "Convert to Dynamic Disk", so, I clicked it. It gave me the options of Disk 0 and Disk 5 (external was on Disk 5), but I checked the boxes for both drives, not entirely understanding what the effects would be.

So, when I tried to create my recovery disks and clicked on recovery partition. Now, I'm not able to create recovery media anymore and am getting a runtime error every time the system tries to run the "recovburncd.exe" file.

When I try to open the "Lenovo_Recovery" partition, it comes up as blank. My guess is that files are hidden, but in Explorer, it shows that there are "2.29GB free of  9.76GB".

Being that I converted disk 0 from Basic to Dynamic, I'm guessing that's the root cause. Is there any way to revert this? All searches have been without success. Is there any other workaround?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Retired Guru
Views: 734
Message 2 of 4

Re: T410s Recovery Partition -- revert Dynamic disk to Basic?

You can try a recovery software, but I think you have in trouble.

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
cptcolo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 724
Message 3 of 4

I gave up using the recovery partition on my T410s. Since I only have a 80GB SSD, I now use the 2GB free Mozy online file backup, to cover my documents, which so far have taken up less than 200 MB of space. It is worth a shot, Mozy works flawlessly in the background too and can be set so it does not use up system resources.
nevermore
SCSI Port
Views: 717
Message 4 of 4

I don't think that converting your disk is the problem. The recovery partition also seems fine. What happens if you press the ThinkVantage button at boot?

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors