01-09-2014

California

1 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 1 of 2

T420: Network Issues

2014-01-09, 3:03 AM

I installed a new hard drive today in my lenovo T420. I installed Windows 7 ultimate, but it won't recognize the internal network card. I can't find the driver anywhere, and when I try to download any kind of driver that I think would help, When i hit f5, it responds with "no network adapter found" and it also doesn't show up under computer management. I'm using a USB adapter right now, but I would like the internal card to work. Also, when I tried to install the bluetooth adapter driver, it told me that the installation couldn't complete because there was no supportable hardware. I really need help on this!

I am very tech savvy, I built my own PC and run a technology repair company, but I typically don't work with software, mainly hardware. I still know my way around, so don't be afraid to get technical when helping and don't use the cliche "have you tried turning it off and back on" answer please:)

Thanks again!

Moderator note: corrected subject line.  Was:  Z585 Network Issues

Options

1090 Posts

09-24-2013

Bangalore

558 Signins

43656 Page Views

• Views: 43656
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Z585 Network Issues

2014-01-09, 7:37 AM

Hi,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I’m sorry to hear that network adapter is not getting detected in your Lenovo ThinkPad T420.

Check in BIOS -> Security -> I/O port access if network adapter is enabled.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Mithun.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save