Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weggy
Paper Tape
Views: 30,456
Message 1 of 5

T420, No factory restore option in the rescue and recovery

Hi all,

I am trying to refresh windows 7 using the factory restore, but there is no factory restore option in the rescue and recovery.

I tried run the program using DVD, from Window 7. No option on the both.

I have not formatted the original HDD.

Any idea?

Thanks!! 

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 30,454
Message 2 of 5

Re: T420, No factory restore option in the rescue and recovery

'morning.

welcome to the forum!

assuming your pc came with a Lenovo Win7 installation on it, have you created your recovery disk set? if you haven't, click your Start orb and type recovery into the Search box. do you get an item named Create Recovery Media at the top of the list? if so, click it and follow the prompts to create your disk set. you can boot your pc with disk 1 of the set to completely reimage your pc back to its factory-delivered state. be aware that it will erase all personal files, so back things up first!

if you obtained your pc 2nd-hand, possibly with a generic Win7 install, you'll need to contact Service to obtain a factory recovery disk set.

regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

weggy
Paper Tape
Views: 30,452
Message 3 of 5

It is not sencond hand, but I re-installed Windows. Is it free to get the CD?

Thanks!

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 30,446
Message 4 of 5

i've had good luck getting sets free for machines in the first 30 days of warranty. others have been successful deeper into the warranty period. the only way you'll know for sure is to call Service and ask. if they won't send free, the sets are usually ~$45.

phone #s: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?DocID=PD008370

some things to check first...

do you see a Q: drive if you look at Disk Management? if so, does pressing the blue ThinkVantage button at the Lenovo splash screen during boot-up take you to Rescue & Recovery?

regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

tg2708
SCSI Port
Views: 30,433
Message 5 of 5

I had a similar experience where I deleted the recovery partition off my harddrive so I couldn't create the recovery cds. I called being that my laptop had a good amount of warranty on it. The whole process when like this I called and told the person I had deleted my recovery partition and he said so you want the recovery cds and I was like yes and that was it I got the cds the following day no questions ask. So you could just try and call and see if you can get them.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors