Did you mean: 
crash_194
Paper Tape
Views: 1,395
Message 1 of 9

T420 Power Manager Battery icon cropped on screen

Link to image

Dear All,

I have been experiencing the issue which is shown in the above screenshot where the Lenovo Power Management Battery icon is appearing only half on the screen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software and also older versions, and whilst the problem isn't visible once I have rebooted as part of the final installation, as soon as I reboot again this happens.

I have tried numerous changes to the taskbar to try and solve this issue with no success. Funnily enough, if I just right click on the taskbar and click either lock or unlock (doen't matter whicg) the battery icon will realign itself properly.

Thank you in advace for any help or advice. This is my first thinkpad by the way and I absolutely love it! :-)

Kind regards

Ash

Moderator note: images totalling more than 50k converted to links per forum rules:  Lenovo Community Participation Rules

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,393
Message 2 of 9

Re: T420 Power Manager Battery icon cropped on screen

Hello and welcome,

Are you running at a non-standard DPI setting?  Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Display @ 100%?

It's a bit of a stretch but I've seen some Lenovo utilities display strangely with some DPI settings.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

crash_194
Paper Tape
Views: 1,387
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the prompt reply Z.

I have uploaded a screenshot of my setings below. I have also done the unlock/lock taskbar trick too which has realigned the battery icon. It is such an annoying issue! lol

Link to image

Moderator note: images totalling more than 50k converted to links per forum rules:  Lenovo Community Participation Rules

crash_194
Paper Tape
Views: 1,385
Message 4 of 9

Whoops sorry for uploading pictures which don't comply with forum rules!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,367
Message 5 of 9

@crash_194 wrote:

Whoops sorry for uploading pictures which don't comply with forum rules!

Fixed that for you Smiley Wink

Doesn't look like scaling is the problem.  Something to check, but no cigar Smiley Sad

Hopefully someone with another idea will show up.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,340
Message 6 of 9

I've seen this drooping Power Manager guage before! First try switching it off and then back on from Power Manager (under the Advanced menu as I recall).

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
crash_194
Paper Tape
Views: 1,329
Message 7 of 9

Unfortunately still no joy with fixing this. Nothing seems to work. I have resorted to just turning the power manager battery icon off for now. I have tried turning on/off, uninstalling/reinstalling, different configurations etc. I'm wondering if it could be something to do with the rezolution of my screen as I believe it is an upgrade over what would come as the standard build in this laptop?
thoral
Token Ring
Views: 1,291
Message 8 of 9

Battery gauge icon: tray icon shifted below monitor

Since months I notice after booting Windows 7 that the tray icon of the Energy Manager which shows the battery percentage (battery gauge) is shifted about half its size to the bottom, i.e. out of the screen. See screenshot:

energymanager_tray_icon.png

My system: T510, 1366x768, Windows 7SP1 , display 100% dpi, Energy Manager 6.64.2.

This issue can be fixed temporarily by hiding the battery gauge and displaying it again. Then it is displayed correctly  - until the next boot.

In former versions of the Energy Manager everything was ok. This issue happened after some former updates, perhaps 1 year ago. I thought it would be fixed some day, but no chance...

@Lenovo driver developer: Could you fix this small issue, please? Thanks!

Thorsten

Moderator Note; post merged in, subject not edited

thoral
Token Ring
Views: 1,234
Message 9 of 9

Betreff: Battery gauge icon: tray icon shifted below monitor

Just to add: I tried every combination of fixed/unfixed taskbar, small/normal symbols on the taskbar. The error still remains. But obviously only few users have this problem... 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors