Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RunsWithScissor
Fanfold Paper
Views: 491
Message 1 of 2

T420 / Win 10 Pro / Ultra Nav 19.00/12.61 = TrackPoint and Touchpad hardware buttons unresponsive

System:  ThinkPad T420 4236EP3, i5-2520M(2.5GHz), 4GB RAM, 320GB 7200rpm HD, 14in 1366x768 LCD, Intel HD Graphics, CDRW/DVDRW, Intel 802.11agn wireless, WWAN option, Bluetooth, 1Gb Ethernet, UltraNav, Secure Chip, 6c Li-Ion

TrackPoint and Touchpad and associated buttons were both fully functional in Win 7 Pro.  My laptop displayed no issues with cursor control, or with any of the 3 TrackPoint and 2 Touchpad hardware buttons. 

Problems:  

• Immediately after an upgrade install of Win 10, TrackPoint pointer and Touch pad were functioning fine, but left and right buttons for both interfaces do not work. 
  • Middle button scrolls, but very choppy.
  • FN-F8 does not bring up Ultra Nav toggle screen.

Fixes attempted: 

• Uninstall and reinstall Ultra Nav Driver 19.00.12.61 from my Lenovo T420 download page.  No change.
  • Rolled back to Win 7 Pro.  TrackPoint and Touchpad buttons resumed working along with FN-F8 command.. 
  • Reinstalled Win 10 Pro and same problems as described reappeared.again.

End Result:
I abandoned WIN 10 Pro and rolled back to WIN 7 Pro.  This is a work laptop and did not have the leisure time to further research or troubleshoot the issues.  I also could not find any instances of other users reporting the same problems. 

I will monitor this thread to see if there are any suggested fixes.  For now, Win 10 Pro is not a viable OS for my T420 laptop.T42

ak4
Paper Tape
Views: 384
Message 2 of 2

Re: T420 / Win 10 Pro / Ultra Nav 19.00/12.61 = TrackPoint and Touchpad hardware buttons unresponsiv

Hello - I had the same problem a few weeks after upgrading from windows 7 pro 64 bits to windows 10 pro 64 bits on my t420s. I tired to replace the hardware without sucess with a new palmrest assembly. Finally I found a solution that fixed it by going to the mouse and trackpad settings in windows 10 and there changing the delay setting for the trackpad to respond - once I had changed that setting everything (trackpad buttons and trackpad) worked again.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors