Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruston6pb
What's DOS?
Views: 432
Message 1 of 3

T420 not updating time & date when suspended

We have a number of users running a corporate XP build (sp3) on T420's. A handful are finding that the RTC is holding on to the time & date they suspended their laptop rather than updating correctly. This means they can't do a domain logon as the t&d is skewed relative to the dc's.If the laptop is powered off the t&d updates normally. Has anyone seen (& hopefully fixed) similar??

Regards,

Paul.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 413
Message 2 of 3

Re: T420 not updating time & date when suspended

My guess is that this is an xp networking problem and not a hardware issue. You can check the RTC if you suspend the laptop, wait a few minutes and then press and hold the power button to shut it down. This will lose any applications open and you will get an error when you restart, so it is not recommended for normal operation. If you boot into the BIOS, my guess is that the RTC will be correct. When you come out of suspend, XP should supply the credentials to reestablish the session with the DC, and supply the time in the packet. The time should be refreshed from the hardware at that point, and I would guess that it isn't.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
migtorre
What's DOS?
Views: 382
Message 3 of 3

Re: T420 not updating time & date when suspended

I have the same problem. I'm running windos 7 pro. When I enter the bios setup, the system clock is stopped with the time when the computer was shutted down. I also tried updating the bios to the last version, but the problem is still there.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors