Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eskoj
What's DOS?
Views: 709
Message 1 of 3

T420 touchpad dies randomly

Hi!

T420 touchpad dies and trackpoint keeps on working. Sometimes after some time the trackpoint may also die. After boot, touchpad & trackpad recovers and is working maybe for an hour, or a day. Then it reoccurs.

This happens randomly on some T420's, while other T420's doesnt encounter it never-ever. Any tips how to troubleshoot this one? Ran Lenovo PC Doctor and everything is fine, also cant find anything suspicious in Windows logs.

Thanks in advance! 

Guru
Views: 701
Message 2 of 3

Re: T420 touchpad dies randomly

Hi eskoj

Try to run System Update and update all BIOS and drivers to see if the problems persist.

Happy 2012! :smileytongue::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy:

Peter
W520 (4284-A99)

Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve | Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future 

=====================================

Sound Enthusiast and Enhancement (Post comments, share mixes, etc.)

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Dolby-Home-Theater-v4-for-most-Lenovo-Laptops/td-p/62...

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 681
Message 3 of 3

Re: T420 touchpad dies randomly

If problem persist after BIOS update and updating the drivers. Try to go into BIOS and do a factory restore settings and see if it helps.

Also when your Touchpad stops responding, is it still showing on the device manager?

Could be a hardware issue (ribbon lose?)

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors