Did you mean: 
technokarla
What's DOS?
Views: 916
Message 1 of 5

T420 usb boot woe

my T420 running windows 7 refuses to boot linux from a flash drive;

the same drive allows other windows 7 machines to boot just fine

on startup, I use F12 to attempt to select the media to boot from, but the machine only seems to recognize:

1) the hard drive

2) the CDROM

3) the network card.

i have enabled USB boot via bios as far as i can tell. what am i missing?

plz help.

- karla

Guru
Views: 890
Message 2 of 5

Re: T420 usb boot woe

Plug in your flash drive.  Enter Bios and go to the Startup->Boot section. Check if Usb Hdd is excluded from booting (lower part of the screen).

If it is excluded, highlight it and press "X". Press F10 to save and exit. Press F12 and it should appear now as an option.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
technokarla
What's DOS?
Views: 874
Message 3 of 5

thanks, will check and post findings here -
Guru
Views: 864
Message 4 of 5

Once in Bios, double check if in Config-> USB, "USB BIOS Support" is set to "Enabled".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
elkoko
Paper Tape
Views: 519
Message 5 of 5

how do i highlight

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors