Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notEZbeincheesy
Paper Tape
Views: 57
Message 1 of 2

T420 with Win7 64: Trackpad does not work and Ultranav driver won't install

Hi everyone,

My trackpad stopped working, and I've been trying to troubleshoot the issue. Everytime I try to enable the trackpad with Fn+F8, I get the message "UltraNav driver is not installed." The Lenovo systems updates says that I have an UltraNav driver update available for my computer, but everytime I install it and reboot, I get the same message. Everytime. I can find where the driver has been downloaded on my computer, but the computer still says that "UltraNav driver is not installed," and the driver update still remains available on the system updates. I've tried downloading again and again, only to re-write and reinstall the download, with no effect. I've also tried going directly to the Lenovo website and downloading the driver from there to the same effect.

Any advice?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 46
Message 2 of 2

Re: T420 with Win7 64: Trackpad does not work and Ultranav driver won't install

Anything suspicious in device manager?

It might be worth booting a live Linux flash drive to see if the the trackpad works with a different OS.  Could help narrow down whether it is a hardware or software issue.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors