08-11-2012 09:11 PM
I have a T420S running Windows 7 and UEFI boot (the latest - 8CUJ14UC) - works fine. I am about to move to Windows 8 and I have seen a Beta Windows 8 UEFI which is based on 8CUJ13UC, but seems to incorporate some Win 8 UEFI enhancements for Bitlocker (and perhaps other things?).
Anyone else have experience with this - and would you recommend normal production UEFI or the beta specifically for Windows 8.
Enhancements seem as:
CHANGES IN THIS RELEASE
[New functions or enhancements]
- Support EFI_STORAGE_SECURITY_COMMAND_PROTOCOL for eDrive
- Support EFI_DHCP4_PROTOCOL/EFI_IP4_PROTOCOL for BitLocker Network Unlock
(no IPv6 support)
- Support TPer Reset Command for eDrive
- Fixed BitLocker failure in case of Windows 8 with UEFI mode
- Fixed EFI_STORAGE_SECURITY_COMMAND_PROTOCOL to support DMA transfer
- Fixed failed to boot from Windows To Go USB device
08-13-2012 04:28 AM