Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yangorang
Token Ring
Views: 485
Message 11 of 13

Re: T420s Keyboard Flex

Yea......so I just got my laptop back from the Lenovo Service Depot......

They "fixed" the issue...kinda.....but yea look at the picture of how they fixed it.....this is just sad people....sad....

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq20/Yangorang/ThinkPad%20T420s/CIMG0416.jpg

Lesson:  Immediately return anything with cosmetic defects to Lenovo, and don't even bother with the mail-in warranty service....needless to say I will be extremely cautious if I ever buy another ThinkPad in my life...

Yangorang
Token Ring
Views: 434
Message 12 of 13

JameZ was nice enough to file a complaint for me to Lenovo customer relations and I got a call a few days later asking me to send my laptop to Lenovo US headquarters for repair.

I'm pleased to say that most of the random cosmetic issues I was complaining about such as the flexy keyboard and randomly clicky spots around the place have been fixed. (without any sticky tape this time)  I had them replace the heatsink/fan unit as well and now it's lined up correctly without any bent fins like before; however, its just as whiny and loud.  I noticed the fan P/N was the same as before anyway so this is to be expected.

The loose UltraBay was never fixed but I'm guessing this is just poor design and I'll have to deal with it myself at this point with shimming of sorts...guess you can't get everything.....

syamkumartpl
Punch Card
Views: 304
Message 13 of 13

I dont believe lenovo doing such things for uncompromised ThinkPads..!!

Let me see what lenovo will do in my case..!!

T420s 4170-CTO : i5 2520M, 6GB RAM, 320GB HDD(7200rpm).
Z60t 2513-MCU.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors