Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuboyle
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 699
Message 1 of 4

T420s - Lenovo Battery Gauge Just Disappeared

The Lenovo Battery Guage on my T420s, running Windows 10, just disappeared on me this morning.  It looks likes Windows did an update overnight.  I checked and the guage is still enabled.  Any suggestions?

Capture.PNG

stuboyle
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 643
Message 2 of 4

Re: T420s - Lenovo Battery Gauge Just Disappeared

Upon further review, I discovered that the Lenovo Battery Gauge is listed as an available toolbar in Windows 10 taskbar.  However, I can't enable it.  The setting to enable/disable the Battery Gauge is listed in an app called "Lenovo Settings".  I thought uninstalling then reinstalling the app might help.  However, when I uninstalled this app, the Battery Gauge remains listed in the Windows 10 taskbar.  Then to add insult to injury, I can't find the download to reinstall the "Lenovo Settings" app.  

RogueScholar
Punch Card
Views: 595
Message 3 of 4

I had the same issue with my computer running Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, and just today got both a Cumulative Update from Microsoft (KB3194496) and an update of the Lenovo System Update app itself, and the Battery Gauge toolbar was available again in the Taskbar context menu. Let's hope it sticks around this time.

stuboyle
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 591
Message 4 of 4

Yep, it magically reappeared for me as well a few days ago.  Good to see it back.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors