05-31-2016 02:30 PM
I have a T420s and upon start up get a message that Windows failed to start, then promts me to "Launch Startup Repair" or "Start Windows Normally." I have selected both options getting the same result. Next, the screen will say "windows is loading files..." then turns black, returning with a screen showing a floating life raft and the lenovo and ThinkVantageTechnologies logos (I've never seen this screen before).
I found the ThinkPad hangs on boot - stuck at Thinkpad screen article, so I looked at all USB ports and they are intact without pins touching.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
05-31-2016 06:18 PM
It sounds most like a failing drive. Do you have some sort of bootable diagnostic? If the disk is good, test the memory.
06-01-2016 12:45 AM
No operating system will be Windows 10 follow the steps.
Because the system does not start and does not let you start in Safe Mode, I suggest creating installation media of Windows 10 again and try to repair the system, I will show you how:
Once created, continue with the following steps to restore the system:
1. Right on the login screen, click the icon Shutdown System.
2. Holding the Shift key on your keyboard (it's right on the Control or Ctrl) you click Restart.
3. A message tells you expect and your computer will restart appears.
4. A menu will appear, there you choose Troubleshooting.
5. You continue with step by step indicated after selecting the option called Restore your PC.
If the fault persists, you must reinstall Windows 10 to correct the errors presented.