Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike1234512345
Paper Tape
Views: 4,341
Message 1 of 5

T430 DVD powers off in Windows 10

I have a T430 laptop running Windows 10.  The DVD drive powers off about 1 minute after starting Windows and will not power back on.  If I right click the device, I have the option of "Power On" but that gives the error "There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\Lenovo\PowerMgr\MWMTR32V.DLL The specificed module could not be found".  This specific DLL does not exist.

I tried everything on all the forum but they seem out of date.  I gave up and fully reinstalled Windows (on 12/14/2018) from scratch and this problem came right back as part of the default installation.  I've tried deleting the "Lenovo Power Manager" and "Lenovo PM Device", I've tried the Vantage application from the store, I've checked all the startup jobs, etc.  None of those things work.  I installed Power Manager version 1.67.14.07 dated 09 Oct 2018 directly from the Lenovo site and that doesn't work either.

It appears that Lenovo's drivers are automatically installed on Windows 10 and simply don't work.  Is there anything I can do to either fix this or just turn off the power manager?  Until I do something, my DVD is constantly powered off and useless.

jdos22
SCSI Port
Views: 4,289
Message 2 of 5

Re: T430 DVD powers off in Windows 10

"Me too, but I found the file in C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\ThinkPowerPackage\x86\PWMTR64V.dll- and copied it over, which seems to have done the trick.

Mike1234512345
Paper Tape
Views: 4,281
Message 3 of 5

I did that and now I get no more message + a different icon that looks like a CD drive with a red circle over it.  When I mouse over, it says "Drive is powered off.  To turn on the optical drive, press the eject button on the optical drive."  However, pushing the eject buton on the physical drive does nothing and right click / power on also does nothing.

So copying the files over fixed the original popup error message but the drive is still perpetually turned off.

Edit:  I stand corrected.  After a reboot, the drive looks like a normal drive now that isn't powered off!  Horray!

jdos22
SCSI Port
Views: 4,268
Message 4 of 5

It's not a great answer. I don't like creating directories and copying stuff over. There should be a better way. I'll poke around in the registry and see if there's a better way. Don't like doing Lenovo's job here.

steviejay69
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,472
Message 5 of 5

The firmware update to SB02 cured this issue for me (MATSU**bleep**A DVD-RW)

It was showing as powered off and was not visible in CDBurnerXP, it is now!

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/fwsb25.zip

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors