Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maka528
Paper Tape
Views: 3,128
Message 1 of 6

T430 H5321 gw firmware update for Windows 10

in case of Windows 10 clean install there is probably need for H5321 gw firmware update before Windows 10 driver installation. Where can i find that ?

( without firmware update H5321 gw will just not work )

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,121
Message 2 of 6

Re: T430 H5321 gw firmware update for Windows 10

Hello and welcome,

Is this what you're looking for?  http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x23...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

maka528
Paper Tape
Views: 3,097
Message 3 of 6

Thank You for Quick reply! This is driver, not firmware update. I tried it but error message "Code 28: The drivers for this device are not installed" still remains.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,087
Message 4 of 6

Oops!  Sorry about that!

Did you have the latest firmware installed before upgrading to Windows 10?

I can't seem to find them now but ISTR that there are threads here saying that the firmware had to be updated in Windows 7 or 8 before updating to Windows 10.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x23...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

maka528
Paper Tape
Views: 3,074
Message 5 of 6

i updated firmware in windows 7 and then the driver started to work fine.

I got my problem resolved because i have Windows 7 installed alongside with Windows 10 and i can do this.

People who did Windows 10 clean install do not have thos chance.

mkallio
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,915
Message 6 of 6

I bought a new used T530 and immediately installed Win10. Everything went smoothly except the H5321gw didn't start at all in device manager. The reason is this: https://support.lenovo.com/fi/fi/documents/ht075544

It really is a troublesome device with the old firmware R1C08. In order to get it working you have to boot at least once to Windows 7 or Windows 8. The firmware updater simply refuses to run correctly under Windows 10.

This can be done with a 32GB usb stick without messing the C drive Windows 10 installation in any way.

Download Windows 8.1 ISO from microsoft. Install WinToUSB.

Create a bootable USB stick from the ISO image:

- http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/faq/en_US/How-to-use-WinToUSB-ISO-To-USB.html

- Ignore step 3 it just complicates things, WinToUSB will format the stick to ntfs and ONLY legacy bios boot mode is supported.

Then:

- Enter T530 bios

- Disable Secure boot

- Disable UEFI boot (select Both in Startup menu, that means UEFI and Legacy, Select Legacy first)

Only now the T530 will allow a boot from the USB stick, this took some time to understand...

Win8 boots up and setups itself, cdkey is not needed. This will not mess with your Win10 installation, the Win8 doesn't even see the laptops real C drive.

Now download the Windows 7 driver AND firmware package for the H5321gw.

Install driver first, make sure the device manager now shows H5321gw under modems and not as question mark.

Now install the firmware update.

Go to device manager and query the modem from its properties, it should now show version RC311.

Restart computer, enter bios, disable legacy boot, enable UEFI boot, enable secure boot

USB stick wont matter anymore, Windows 10 starts. Check device manager, if everything is correct, in Windows 10 the H5321gw is now under Network as an adapter and you can use it from bottom right wireless network icon.

Huh maybe this helps someone else...

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors