Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajrusse2
Not applicable
Views: 192
Message 1 of 2

T430 Keyboard malfunction

Hello all,

The keyboard for my T430 ThinkPad has been acting up. It's really my own fault, because I spilt water on it. However, it was only on the magnitude of a tablespoon's worth, and I'm aware that the keyboard has a drain underneath to help prevent the kind of issues I'm experiencing.

Basically, the issue does not occur in any sort of regularity. Sometimes the light on the Fn key turns on  for no reason, sometimes my mouse freezes up or glitches around the screen, sometimes the number keys do nothing, sometimes none of the keys do anything. The only consistentcy is that the spacebar never works, but sometimes if I'm browsing the web hitting the spacebar will act as a backspace. The left alt key also now dims my screen whenever I hit it, which doesn't make sense to me.

As I said, I'm sure this has to do with the fact I got a bit of water in the keyboard and that's entirely my fault, but I'm dissapointed that such a minor spill has basically ruined my keyboard even with the drain underneath. I guess I'm just holding out hope that maybe something in the menus got messed up...

ajrusse2
Not applicable
Views: 178
Message 2 of 2

Re: T430 Keyboard malfunction

Sorry, it's actually a T460. Not that that makes much of a difference...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors