Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waqasahmad84
Paper Tape
Views: 1,697
Message 1 of 5

T430 Lenovo Hard Disk Details required

Hi, I have Lenovo T430 Laptop and Harddisk is damaged and wanted to purchase a new one and need to know what is the proper harddisk size and brand to purchase.

Laptop Serial Number is; PB******

Thanks

Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse. For reference, corresponding MT-M is 234434G.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,677
Message 2 of 5

Re: T430 Lenovo Hard Disk Details required

Hello and welcome,

Per the base spec: http://www.lenovo.com/psref/pdf/withdraw/ThinkPad_T430.pdf

Some: Solid State Drive (SSD) / SATA 6.0Gb/s, 2.5" wide, 7mm high
Some: Hard Disk Drive / SATA 3.0Gb/s, 2.5" wide, 7mm high, Active Protection System

Pretty much any 2.5" 7mm HDD will work.  Brand doesn't matter, so per your personal preference.

For reference, here are the machine specs per your S/N:

i5-3210M(2.50GHz),8GB RAM,500GB 7200rpm HD,14in 1366x768 LCD,2GB NVIDIA N13P-NS1,CDRW/DVDRW,Intel 802.11bgn wireless,Bluetooth,1Gb Ethernet,UltraNav,Secure Chip,Fingerprint reader,Camera,6c Li-Ion,Win7 Pro 64

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

waqasahmad84
Paper Tape
Views: 1,658
Message 3 of 5

Thank you very much...
waqasahmad84
Paper Tape
Views: 1,654
Message 4 of 5

one more question, if this Laptop is supporting the mentioned hard drive.

Seagate FireCuda Gaming SSHD 2TB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5-Inch Notebooks / Laptops Internal Hard Drive (ST2000LX001)

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,626
Message 5 of 5

I don't have any experience with SSHD drives but if it's really 7mm thick it should fit.

My preferred way of running this kind of laptop is a large-capacity standard HDD as a data drive and an mSATA SSD of sufficient capacity to hold OS and apps, rather than a cache mSATA or caching SSHD.

FWIW,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors