Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrbonine
Paper Tape
Views: 2,337
Message 1 of 2

T430 Memory Card Access (SD Card)

I recently bought a refurbished T430 and I love the machine.  I'm trying to figure out what an empty slot is on the right side to the left of the one USB port there and just  below  a slot which I believe is for the "downsized" PC Card (PSIM card?).   The slot has connectors at the end, but it looks like a pop-out assembly or a card holder would slide into it.   I'm guessing its for SD because that doesn't exist anywhere on the machine.  I can't seem to find a list of all of the hardware originally installed on the computer or a diagram, which I would usually refer to.  This is the full model/type number of my machine.  BTW, I know I can add a USB reader with a cable, but that's not the problem I'm trying to solve.  A reference to any online docs, etc., is great, as long as it has the correct level of detail and hopefully a part number.

Model/Type

2347B46

Thank You!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,313
Message 2 of 2

Re: T430 Memory Card Access (SD Card)

Hi and welcome, mrbonine

Have a look at this page:
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t4...

Media card reader is a 4-in-1 reader, for the MMC, SD, SDHC, SDXC cards.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors