cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmedeiros
Paper Tape
Views: 366
Message 1 of 1

T430 Sleep Of Death? Intel Rapid Start of Death?

it seems as though every 3 days or so my new T430 will go into a sleep mode where it will show the sleep light but also the battery light and drain the battery pretty quickly during this time as the fan is on high and the system is getting quite hot.

Hibernate has been turned off and the 30 Day Standby feature is turned on in Lenovo power manager.

It seems as though this happens right after the system prompts for my HDD password. Every other day it seems to prompt me for my pre-desktop HDD password (which I use for encryption purposes) and on the subsequent attempt to resume it from 30 day standby it will just hang like this. Fan on full speed, system is hot to the touch and doesn't respond to anything but holding down the power button for 4 seconds and cold booting.

I've disabled fingerprint authenticaiton as I just recently turned this on (the laptop is only a few weeks old though so I'm not sure this is related).

I am now testing it like this. It also seems like it could be related to it sleeping while charing too, I'll be testing this theory as well.

Anyone else experience this "sleep of death" on a Lenovo T430?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors