Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hero_lief
Paper Tape
Views: 8,315
Message 1 of 6

T430 Touchpad Click Issue [FIXED, 3RD PARTY PROBLEM]

Hi,

When using the touchpad on my T430, my click buttons rarely work as intended. Sometimes, they begin to work after the laptop goes to sleep, or occasionally an entire boot is okay. However, this is rare. When it isn't working, what happens is that the right click doesn't function at all, and the left click seems to be more of a left click + context menu key rather than a pure left click.

I've tried reinstalling the Ultranav drivers, restoring their settings to the default (I can confirm that the left click is set up to function as a left click, and right as a right click - if I set up the right click to function as a left click, both do the odd context menu behavior), and even doing a complete BIOS update, to no avail. I've yet to try this in another OS, so I haven't yet isolated this to a hardware or software issue.

What could be my issue? I am not under warranty and would prefer to not send in my laptop for repair.

EDIT: I was able to fix the weird context menu behavior by disabling the Menu Key in SharpKeys (mapping key 117 (0x0075) to do nothing (0x0000)). However, my right click still does nothing. I can bind it using the Ultranav settings to be a left click, and in this mode, it left clicks. Anything bound to be a right click literaly does nothing.

Any ideas?

EDIT2: I ran sfc /scannow on an elevated command prompt and it fixed a lot of errors. It drastically sped up my computer; what's odd is that I've hardly installed anything on here, all I did was remove a lot of the Lenovo bloat (but not all of it). Anyway, after doing that, I restarted and lo and behold, my custom theme was wiped out because it restored the three .dlls that I patched for that. It also wiped out SharpKey's registry entry. So, I re-created the registry entry, logged out, logged back in, and again, left mouse worked fine but right didn't. I then re-patched the theme .dlls and restarted.

That was the fastest boot I have ever experienced on Windows 7, it was on the login screen before the orbs of the logo even joined together. My right click is working as intended now, and it's nice to have it work again - however, this has happened in the past, where it worked for one boot and then stopped the next, so I'll keep this post updated to see how it pans out.

EDIT3: Literally as I hit submit on my past update, I couldn't click my taskbar. This happens from time to time on this machine and I think it's a driver mishap regarding Optimus. Either way, the only way to fix it is to hit ctrl+alt+delete, get to the prompt asking about switch user/task manager/etc, and hit cancel. Then when it returns to the desktop, everything is fine. I did that, and now my left click is pseudo right clicking again and my right click does nothing. pls help

EDIT4: I just updated my BIOS with the latest release on the drivers page (1/24/14 or something) and after a quick reboot/flash cycle, I was able to log into Windows with the mouse working as intended, both left and right clicking. We'll see how long this holds up; if I never update this post again, it worked!

EDIT5: I literally had a full repeat of EDIT3. I'm going to keep looking into ways to get this working.

EDIT6: I logged out and back in again, thinking SharpKeys would reapply itself, and lo and behold, it fixed the odd left click. My right click button is still doing nothing though, but at least I can navigate Windows.

EDIT7: It appears I had an AutoHotkey script tampering with the Menu Key. I deleted it and now everything is working as intended, plus my machine is faster than ever.

maxsmac
Paper Tape
Views: 7,696
Message 2 of 6

Re: T430 Touchpad Click Issue [FIXED, 3RD PARTY PROBLEM]

I have exactly the same issue. I have reinstalled the windows, but the right click issue persists.

Guru
Views: 7,677
Message 3 of 6

@maxsmac,
What exactly are your symptoms?

W520: 2960XM, Q2000M @ 1091/1380, 32GB RAM, 500GB&750GB HDD & 500GB SSD, FHD&MB168B+
X61T: L7500, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
W550s: 5600U, K620M at 1164/1281, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3K touchscreen
X200s: SL9400, 6GB RAM, 64GB SD card, WXGA+ screen
TPT1: 1839-23U
maxsmac
Paper Tape
Views: 7,661
Message 4 of 6

Hi ColonelONeil,

Exactly as describe above by hero_lief:
- neither one of "right click" is working (touchpad/ultranav)
- left click is acting strange sometimes and from time to time it shows the right click menu contents. 

Guru
Views: 7,648
Message 5 of 6

Try turning off first the touchpad and seeing if the trackpoint set of buttons work. Then try turning off the trackpoint instead.

Chances are one of the sets of buttons are broken and is interfering with normal operation.

I get the left-click behaving as right-click behavior once in a blue moon, but it goes away with tapping right-click once.

W520: 2960XM, Q2000M @ 1091/1380, 32GB RAM, 500GB&750GB HDD & 500GB SSD, FHD&MB168B+
X61T: L7500, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
W550s: 5600U, K620M at 1164/1281, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3K touchscreen
X200s: SL9400, 6GB RAM, 64GB SD card, WXGA+ screen
TPT1: 1839-23U
Shunp
Paper Tape
Views: 1,817
Message 6 of 6

Please Colonel both my right and left button below my touchpad is not working. At first both where working and the left stopped working and i was using the alternative button which is the one at the top when i formatted my pc the right button worked for just a day and stop (windows 10 pro ) please i need help

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors