Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 1 (143 Views)

T430 Trackpoint scrolling issues

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

I searched a bit both these forums and others but haven't found the solution to this problem I'm experiencing. I recently bought a used T430 and I've been using it for the last couple of days, trying to get used to trackpoint and all. I performed a clean windows install and installed a Win 10 education my university provides. I followed the advice on Lenovo webpage about letting Windows update do its thing first and then run the Lenovo System Update utility to update drivers as necessary. Everything's working nicely other than some issues with the trackpoint buttons (the 3 buttons just below the space bar are called the trackpoint buttons I guess?) 

Anyway, the issue is that before I did a fresh install, the middle button when pushed entered the scroll mode which then let me scroll using the trackpoint. Now it still enters the scroll mode but also does a right-click when I let go. This leads to an issue where a right-click is performed at every scroll step(if that makes sense) which leads to wonky scrolling. One other issue is that the right button does nothing at all. I expected the middle button to only have scroll functionality and the right button to simply right-click. 

Things I've tried so far:

- Manually removed the pointer device and ran Lenovo system update again to update the UltraNav drive, and also disabled auto-driver installation of windows update. The driver version installed by System Update is 19.0.17.115.

I am also including a screenshot of mouse properties, I've seen some people talking about a scrolling option but I don't have any.

I would appreciate any help.

Top kudoed Authors