Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 83
Message 11 of 16

Re: T430 and T450 Bios boot cd iso error

To be honest, I never paid attention to those instructions on the txt file (shame on me!)

I normally use CDBurnerXP to create ISO images for CDs and Rufus for USB Drives. Both are freeware and easy to use.

-

L40SX/240/240X/340CSE/360PE/365XD/380D/380E/380XD/380Z/390/560E/560X/570/600/600E/750Cs/755C/760CD/760EL/760XD/770E/A20p/A22/A31/i1600/G40/R50p/R61i/S30/SL510/T22/T4x/T6x/T4x0/T5x0/W5x0/W700/X1/X2x/X3x/X4x/X6x/X6xT/X2xx/X200T/X30x/Z60m/Z61x

Español Comunidad en Español  English English Community  Deutsche Deutsche Community   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Untitled-4.png
Andrew_Jones_uk
Paper Tape
Views: 82
Message 12 of 16

The checksum is fine.

I used 7z on the iso, there is not a full bootable file set there for one so i guess that is why it not making a bottable cd.

I will look at ripping out the img file from the iso tomorrow and see if that works.

I can tell you readme file or the ismage files is bad. as they do not work.

Yes i only looked at the readme after rufus did not work lol

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 79
Message 13 of 16

OK in the interest of science I dug out my T450s and an external CD drive.  The CD I burned from your linked ISO booted just fine and offered me the usual BIOS update options.  Don't know what further I can test.  The file and its contents are as expected.

Are you testing bootability on a target laptop that matches the ISO?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Andrew_Jones_uk
Paper Tape
Views: 77
Message 14 of 16

Yes i am using a T450 even using a thinkpad usb drive, that might be problem! as it usb.

or it could that bios is old version and so will not boot the cd. it odd that windows ten burns a CD that is then say is blank.

I going to try at home on good old windows 7.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 75
Message 15 of 16

@Andrew_Jones_uk wrote:
it odd that windows ten burns a CD that is then say is blank.

As stated, this is NORMAL.  Burned by Windows, Nero, or any other image burning utlity. The working parts of the ISO are not visible by Windows due to the way Lenovo has chosen to build it.  Absolutely normal. If checksums match and it's burned correctly and BIOS boot options are configured correctly it will work.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Andrew_Jones_uk
Paper Tape
Views: 56
Message 16 of 16

I have sorted it out at last.

It is well done that Lenovo make the bios bootable cd unreadable by windows. How can you check to see if burned right, which it did not. If you cannot see what is on the CD.

On to the fix it look like that if you try and mount or open the iso in any way in widows ten, then something in windows ten messes the file up.

I used ultraiso this morning and did nothing but at it to burn a USB stick as I did try a few time before and it worked this time. I can now see all the files.

I then tried to open the ios this did not work, and do a second burn and it does not like the file.

So Lenovo please rewrite you readme file to say the disk is empty after writing. Or just make an iso that will work 100% like Dell and the others do please.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors