cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MDIdiake
What's DOS?
Views: 216
Message 1 of 2

T430 does not receive sound from an audio cable (line in) connected to my church's sound mixer

Hi.

The above header refers.

How can I resolve this issue?

I restarted the T430 with the audio cable left connected (as suggested by someone in an earlier post) and the issue is still present. The T430 prefers to pick sound from its in-built mic.

Your quick assistance in helping me resolve this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

MDi

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 180
Message 2 of 2

Re: T430 does not receive sound from an audio cable (line in) connected to my church's sound mixer

Hello and welcome,

I don't have a T430 but looking at the base spec and user's guide, it doesn't have a line in port.  It has a combo (stereo headphone + mono mic) port.

For anything like a line input you need a Y cable that splits the mic input and headphone output.  That would allow you to input mono, but I can't speak to the levels.  Whether the mic input tolerates mixer line levels I cant say.  Perhaps others here can address that.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors