Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ucas
Paper Tape
Views: 1,229
Message 1 of 2

T430 encounters 2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD) issue

My laptop is T430 of Lenovo. I have two drives installed on my computer, one is SSD (128 G, PLEXTOR), another is HDD (500 G, Samsung). Now I have encountered a serious issue that I could not find the HDD in my Windows 10.

Almost two weeks ago, I found my laptop crash frequently. I think there is an extreme incompatibility between the Windows 10 and SSD. I even reinstalled my OS for several times. But it still crashed. Even I opened a simple word file, it does not respond.

Two days ago, the issue got even more serious. When I boot my system, I found a problem with "2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD)". It suggests me to press the "ESC" button to enter into the OS. However, I could not find my HDD on my computer anymore. I have some paramount important data and files in this drive. 

Could some friends provide some meaningful suggestions of recovering data and files for me, please? 

I'm very anxious.

Thank you very much!
JDK9
What's DOS?
Views: 505
Message 2 of 2

Re: T430 encounters 2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD) issue

Since your problem was so long ago, you may have already found a solution. But if you haven't, I recently ran across the same error message on my T430 laptop. In my case, I had defined a password in the BIOS settings for my harddrive. During the boot (or reboot) process, the BIOS would prompt me for this password. And if I took too long to respond, the BIOS code would, sort of, unmount my HDD0 device and then continue the boot process. Since HDD0 was my only harddrive, the T430 could not boot and gave me the "2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD)" error message. Rebooting and then making sure to enter the correct password would allow the boot to succeed. So if you were in a similar situation (i.e. had set a HDD password in your BIOS) and did not enter the password quickly enough on boot or reboot, this might explain one way to get the 2100 error message.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors