Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evenopsal
Paper Tape
Views: 1,064
Message 1 of 2

T430 with ThinkPad Mini dock series 3 DisplayPort problem

Hello! Im having a little problem with my docking station. ThinkPad Mini Dock Series 3. Seems like the DisplayPort does not work. I use dual 1440p monitors from Phillips and want to connect both with DP as the DVI is single-link only. I have one of the monitors plugged in the MiniDP on the side of T430 so i got that working wich is nice. 

Is there some kind of firmware or something i need to install to get the DP working on the docking station? Cant remember i have ever done this and as far as i know it ha never worked... Always used it with a single 24" monitor with VGA.

Thanks.

Anthony
Paper Tape
Views: 926
Message 2 of 2

Re: T430 with ThinkPad Mini dock series 3 DisplayPort problem

This issue is driving me crazy!  I bought new DisplayPort Monitors for T430s ThinkPads using the Mini Dock Series 3 dock.  I have 4 identical laptops.  Same software and drivers with two Monitors.  One on the Dock DisplayPort and the other Monitor on the PC Mini DisplayPort.   Three laptops work perfectly.  The forth one blinks!

I do have a newer T430s with the Invidia Graphics card that has the same symptoms, but I have come to the conclusion that Lenovo does not support multiple monitors with that version. 

Lenovo, Please tell me there is a firmware update for the Type 4337 Mini Dock Series 3 dock.  I saw the link for the T540 dock firmware update.  Will it work on the Series 3 dock? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors