cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjbartley
Paper Tape
Views: 476
Message 1 of 1

T430S touchpad/trackpad ribbon cable and bluetooth debugging (or just cable part numbers)

I have two issues and would appreciate any help.

In a nutshell:

1. Bluetooth module is in place, but doesn't appear in Device Manager. What is the part no. for the cable that connects the bluetooth module?
  2. Touchpad/trackpad stopped working after disconnecting/reconnecting its ribbon cable (while checking the bluetooth module) - I can see the little gold fingers at the motherboard end are now messed up. What is the part no. for this trackpad ribbon cable?

In more detail:

1) On my T430S I replaced the bluetooth daughter board because I thought it might be faulty - but I can still not see any bluetooth hardware in device manager, and no driver installation seems to get it to show. Can someone please tell me the part no. of the ribbon cable and small board 'Bluetooth Wireless Radio Switch FPC' (see https://support.lenovo.com/au/en/documents/pd023563).

2) After messing around with the bluetooth module (see above), the
trackpad/touchpad and trackpoint no longer work. I can see now that the ribbon cable's small gold fingers are damaged (the cable poking straight up from the trackpad and connecting to the motherboard. This is the more serious problem - but I can't work out what the part number is for this ribbon cable. My keyboard bezel does not have a fingerprint reader.

Thank-you again for any help Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors