Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
risban
Fanfold Paper
Views: 499
Message 1 of 8

T430U pricing error when selecting Windows 7 home edition

I recently purchased a T430U and noticed a pricing error when changing the default Win8 os to Win7.  The price should stay the same however it is increasing.  The screen shots below are from January 8.  "Coincidently" the website is now behaving fine and the price stays the same.

After several phone calls and emails they are saying that something else in the configuration must have changed which is NOT the case.  So they are refusing to issue the credit.

Suggestions?

Win 8 Pricing

Moderator note: images larger than 50k converted to links per forum rules:  Lenovo Community Participation Rules

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 492
Message 2 of 8

Re: T430U pricing error when selecting Windows 7 home edition

Hi,

I've converted your oversized imaged to links.  As a bonus, they're easier to read Smiley Happy

They seem to be indentical, even though they point to two separate uploaded images.  Am I missing something, or was one supposed to be the "before" and one the "after"?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

risban
Fanfold Paper
Views: 488
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for fixing the images.  Smiley Happy

I included two screen shots to show that the price increases when changing from Win 8 to Win 7. So Win 8 is the before, and Win 7 is after.

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 471
Message 4 of 8

the image looks to be identical.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
risban
Fanfold Paper
Views: 451
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for catching the error.

Can you or another moderator be kind enough to link the following Win 7 pricing image?  I do not know how to do so.

You will be able to see the price difference.

Link to image

Moderator note: images larger than 50k converted to links per forum rules:  Lenovo Community Participation Rules

Robisan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 404
Message 6 of 8

It appears they may have fixed the problem. When I bought mine about six weeks ago the $20 difference had to do with the Pointing Device defaults. Choosing W7 gave UltraNav with FingerPrint Reader as the only option, while choosing W8 made the FingerPrint reader an option (+$20) -- hence W8 base price was $20 less.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 363
Message 7 of 8

@Robisan...

Thanks for pointing out where the $20 list price-point difference ($729 vs $749) was. I think that explains the discrepency the OP reported.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

risban
Fanfold Paper
Views: 345
Message 8 of 8

Thank you for the explaining the price discrepancies, this sounds like what happend to my order too.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors