cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daeuka
Paper Tape
Views: 375
Message 1 of 3

T430s - Using Fingerprint reader at POST without a bios password?

I'd like to have the computer only boot with an authorized fingerprint.  Only way I seem to be able to trigger the fingerprint requirement is by adding a password in the bios at POST.  Problem is, this requires a fingerprint, then I have to type the password.  Is there any way to have fingerprint authorization at POST, without the typing?

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 357
Message 2 of 3

Re: T430s - Using Fingerprint reader at POST without a bios password?

so you mean that you want to disable the power on/off button, and have the fingerprint swipe as the only method of starting the laptop?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Daeuka
Paper Tape
Views: 332
Message 3 of 3

Re: T430s - Using Fingerprint reader at POST without a bios password?

Not exactly.  I want the computer to require a fingerprint to boot, but not require any additional  typed passwords.

Currently, with the computer turned off, I can swipe my finger and it will turn on and boot like normal.  Windows accepts the previous fingerprint swipe in place of a logon password, and boots to the desktop.  

Alternatively, with the computer turned off, if I press the power button, the computer will post and boot to windows, and then ask for a fingerprint or password.

The only way I seem to be able to force the computer to not boot without a fingerprint, requires setting a bios password, which I have to type after I swipe my finger.  I don't want to have to type anything.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors