03-08-2017

BG

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 3

T430s Windows 7 Installation Issue

2017-03-08, 17:29 PM

I have  bought Lenovo T430s laptop recently. The main problem is that it came win Ubuntu OS. I formated all the partition data and tried to install Windows 7. There was a "A required CD/DVD drive driver is missing" issue, where a windows prompts asking me to point the directory where to load that driver. It's on that step, where I should select where to install the drive, so I tought it was the HDD drivers. I tried with UEFI/Legacy tricks such as forcing my BIOS to use UEFI only or LEGACY only. I also tried to change the HDD options from AHCI to Compatability and many variations.
 Well at first time, i tried with putting the chipset drivers to usb disk and point the driver then uncheck the "Hide drivers that are not compatible with my computer" and tried to force it use my drivers. Tried with different drivers and every time I got stuck to the same problem. Then I tried with Windows 8 and Windows 10, It just installed without problem. Later I had issue with my Cooling Fan. It stoped working, So i returned my laptop to the shop, where I bought the laptop. They said that they sent it to a service and the service changed the HDD and the motherboard. The HDD was Seagate 320GB, now it is HITACHI 320GB. The motherboard is changed, because previous motherboard had Compatibility options, that was suited for windows 8, now it's gone (may be old BIOS chip/software or newer, I dont' know, my BIOS version is 2.7).
 So after I got my laptop back (repaired) I got it with new HDD with Ubuntu installed on it. I had some problems at the beginning with formating the drives, but later I build a fresh new Partition table and I was able to install both Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.4 with dual boot without problems. Now I try to go back to Windows 7, because it's lighter and with few additional tools and stuffs, that I will never use. Also Windows 7 is more suitable to me.
The problem is that I still get this error for Missing driver at the begining of the instalation of Windows 7. I tried different ISOs. I tried ALL in ONE isos and so on. Also windows XP hasn't got any problems discovering my HDD, but Windows 7 fails. What is the solution? How can  I install windows 7.
I have searched for similar topics, with forcing UEFI bios or setting up USB 3.0 to USB 2.0. In both cases I had another issue. Like If I change USB 3.0 mode to USB 2.0 the usb stick is not recognised by the Boot Menu. If i force my BIOS in UEFI mode, and with USB 3.0 mode, Boot menu discovers my USB stick, but when I press Enter it just refreshes menu, and nothing more.
 If I try to make my USB bootable stick with Rufus and with options for UEFI and GPT, It says that the ISO image is not EFI.
I tried almost anything and nothing helps me.

Solved! See the solution
Options

7727 Posts

01-13-2008

US

76845 Signins

2154843 Page Views

• Views: 2154843
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: T430s Windows 7 Installation Issue

2017-03-08, 17:38 PM

Hi,

You need to add the USB 3.0 drivers to the WIndows 7 installation media.  There are several threads on this topic here on the forums.  It can be done manually (a real pain...) or with one of several OEM tools.

Here's the Intel one:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

You may also need to make the flash drive UEFI-bootable if that's you preferred installation mode.  That involves some file manipulation, but not a complete rebuild of the media.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

2 Posts

03-08-2017

BG

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: T430s Windows 7 Installation Issue

2017-03-09, 15:33 PM

I have tried that tool, but i couldn't manage to import usb 3.0 driver to the windows 7 installation image. The most important think is that I succeeded somehow to install Windows 7 enterprise. The problem here was again with USB 3.0 port. So the only way to start Windows is to disable usb 3.0 mode. Also I tried installing the USB 3.0 driver from lenovo drivers page and it couldn't install succesfuly, because of some error. Also.. I tried on another windows 7 version to use the usb 3.0 driver during installation, as pointing the device driver. All i have after that is Blue sceen of death.
Now I'm triing with new AIO distro, which I suppose would not have same problems, but it seems that the biggest problem is the USB 3.0 driver, not the AHCI mode neither the HDD.

EDIT: I downloaded some distro of Windows 7 Professional and pointed the drivers for the USB 3.0 where I chose the USB 3.0 HUB and the instalation continued without problem. In fact now I'm writing from my T430s laptop with Windows 7 Professional. And my USB 3.0 works like a charm. The only disadvantage waas that I had to download all the drivers from internet and put it on usb so  I can install them to my T430s laptop. The distro of Win 7 Pro didn't have any drivers for LAN, WLAN, Readers and so on.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save