Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nicolaos
Paper Tape
Views: 322
Message 1 of 3

T430s - Won't Start

Hello,

I have replaced screen on my T430s (used from T420s, because they are similar), before fully assembling (all the bottom screws), I tried to boot on battery and everything worked fine. After I finished assembling it, I couldn’t start my computer on battery, only with AC adapter. Battery is genuine (Panasonic came with T430s), I can charge or discharge it, tried battery gauge reset, tried to reset bios (take out CMOS battery), updated BIOS, nothing helps, by the way works with my T420s just fine (tried T420s battery on T430s same, nothing). Removing AC adapter causes laptop to shut off immediately.

Am I missing something or it is a fault in mainboard?   

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 311
Message 2 of 3

Re: T430s - Won't Start

It is hard to be sure without seeing it, but I think it is most likely the main (7-amp??) fuse by the battery connector, which is similar to the fuse for AC input.  The main battery fuse is separate from the smaller charging fuse.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Nicolaos
Paper Tape
Views: 294
Message 3 of 3

Re: T430s - Won't Start

Thanks for reply,

So as you suggested I checked for fuses near battery, found F6, F12 and F13, checked with multimeter all good.

I have removed mainboard, so I tried to connect battery to secondary battery connector in the DVD tray, and it is working.

So I will check some more, if you have any suggestions I will gladly hear them.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors