cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leoyung0511
Paper Tape
Views: 307
Message 1 of 4

T430s upgraded to Windows 8 Pro wanting to downgrade to Windows 7 (without Windows.old)

Lenovo T430s 2355A16

Here is my problem.

Pre-install Windows 7 -> Recovery media creadted -> upgraded to Windows 8 -> Windows.old folder were deleted -> Trying to downgrade to Windows 7 using Recovery media -> Recovery Failed !!!!

Is there any other ways I could go back to Windows 7?? All I have is the recovery media burned to DVDs.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 262
Message 2 of 4

Re: T430s upgraded to Windows 8 Pro wanting to downgrade to Windows 7 (without Windows.old)

Good day and welcome to the community.

As you mention that you've created the recovery media and it is failing to restore your system with the delivered Win7 preload, I would recommend that you contact Service, let them know that your created set has failed to work and request that they provide you with a factory recovery DVD set. Contact information is below.

Hope this helps you get things sorted.

Regards.

Country or RegionProductLanguageTelephone numberHours of operation
Hong Kong THINK-branded products

IDEA-branded and B, C, E, G, H, K, N, Q, V, Y Series Products
Cantonese
English
Mandarin
(852) 3071-3561 9 AM - 8 PM
Monday - Friday
9 AM - 1 PM
Saturday
(Except Hong Kong Public Holidays)

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

leoyung0511
Paper Tape
Views: 234
Message 3 of 4

Re: T430s upgraded to Windows 8 Pro wanting to downgrade to Windows 7 (without Windows.old)

Hi Sarbin,

Thanks for the advice and this should the only way to solve my problem, I've been searching on the web this few days trying to get a solution but no success.

Again, thanks for your time.

Leo

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 218
Message 4 of 4

You're quite welcome, Leo.

Happy to help!

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors