Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ferd13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 468
Message 1 of 3

T430s won't power on without power cord connected but battery is fine

Hello all. 

This is an odd one. I have a T430s that I'm cleaning up for our company. I discovered that it would power on fine when on battery without the power cord connected. When the power cord is connected, it won't come on at all. I dug into the BIOS and found a setting that had been disabled for it to power on with the power cord (Don't know why the prior user would have it that way). Now that I've changed that, it powers on fine with the power cord connected, but not when it's on battery. The power cord is fine. When I power it up it shows it's charging the battery. And I used two different power cords. Also, if I press the power button when the power cord is disconnected, nothing happens but I plug the power cord in and it immediately boots as though something had been going on but I just couldn't see it. And lastly, even when this is supposedly completely and absolutely shut down, the green light on the fingerprint scanner blinks slowly.  Does anyone have any thoughts on getting this to boot like a normal laptop and turning off that blinking light? I'm sure that light isn't a huge power drain but I'm also sure it can't be normal for this to be on when it is supposedly shut down.  Many thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 463
Message 2 of 3

Re: T430s won't power on without power cord connected but battery is fine

If you pull the power cord out while it is running, does it immediately die?  Are you sure the battery is good?  Is it a Lenovo or aftermarket battery?  I have seen aftermarket batteries act like they are good and charge, but really don't work.  As far as the fingerprint reader, go into the BIOS.  Under security/fingerprint, erase fingerprint data.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Ferd13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 455
Message 3 of 3

Re: T430s won't power on without power cord connected but battery is fine

Hi  RichK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors