Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pieral
Paper Tape
Views: 2,620
Message 1 of 7

T440 - Internal battery not detected

Hello, I've just bought a second hand T440, and windows 7 tells me that battery #1 is "missing" (battery #2 is ok).

If i take out the external battery while in BIOS or Windows, the computer shuts down, so I believe it's not a driver issue.

My BIOS is up to date (2.29), set to default configuration.

Do you think it's a hardware issue?

Thanks for your help

Pierre

binary420
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,592
Message 2 of 7

Re: T440 - Internal battery not detected

I think whoever you purchased this second hand laptop off of removed your internal battery. that would just be too **bleep** funny if that were the case. "I don't think it's a driver" LOL no your battery is missing! read the error message agin! 

LOL

Hey at least you benefit from the reduced weight! LOL

Always buy new or certified refurbished parts

pieral
Paper Tape
Views: 2,578
Message 3 of 7

well thanks for your reply (i think i deserve some lols), but there's some possibilities :

- int battery was removed : Is there a way to see it without dismantling the machine ? I don't have a precise scale

- int battery is dead -> Is it possible to buy another one ? (didn't see that part on lenovo site)

- int battery is just unplugged

- int battery is not recognized by BIOS (I previously had a battery issue with a HP laptop due to crapy BIOS)

thanks
binary420
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,569
Message 4 of 7

Hey nothing personal I laugh a lot.

I hope this isn't a sign of problems to come with my T440s on the way. I have done a fair bit of research prior to ordering my t440s and haven't heard of this issue before.

How much RAm is currently installed in the machine, and is it aftermarket RAM or did it ship with the system

Denwal
Paper Tape
Views: 2,497
Message 5 of 7

II have a brand new (1 Week Old) T440s with the same problem. Battery #1 isn't detected. The unit has 12Gig of RAM. Hopefully I don't have to crack the case to see if it is there, but I suspect it is there and perhaps it failed in some way. Has anyone run into this issue and found a solution? Windows 8.1, BIOS 2.29

Dennis

Denwal
Paper Tape
Views: 2,463
Message 6 of 7

Re: T440 - Internal battery not detected - Resolved

Thought I would follow up on the resolution... The laptop was shipped from the factory with a defective internal battery. 

I am now able to swap batteries without dropping the OS, but I have noticed that when you do this the battery meter no longer shows the two batteries separately. and even though the 6 Cell was fully charged and the internal was at 46% when I swapped batteries it now says there's 46% remaining. The meter information is completely unreliable.

DennisW

asad9641
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,768
Message 7 of 7

Dear hope your problem was fixed, currently i am also facing this problem, kindly guide me how to fix this problem. Thanks waiting for your support. 

Top Kudoed Authors