cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luk1505
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,649
Message 1 of 2

T440/T450 Touchpad configuration (circular scrolling on whole touchpad area) in Windows 10

Hi,

I recently bought T440 and sold my old (and amazing!) X201. I cannot deal with one thing however. Over my time with X201 I used touchpad only for scrolling. Whole touchpad area dedicated to circular scrolling (puting my thumb anywere on touchpad and making circle movement) and trackpoint for mouse movement with middle button as standard mouse middle button. That was very slick solution, cause I could leave my hands on the keyboard with no need to change their positon every time I want to scroll or move the mouse.

Now, with T440, I cannot find options to set it up the same in Windows 10. I swapped the touchpad from T450, the one with physical buttons, which (I know) isn't helping in this situation.

Circular scrolling by default works only when you start scrolling with one finger from the edge of the touchpad. I want to make whole touchpad behaved like an edge. On Linux I could simply edit xinput, change x and y area where gestures are recognized and set it up the way I want. Same on X201 using Windows with Synaptics drivers. Why on Earth Synaptics ditched those advanced settings for newer models? Is there any workaround for this?

I found out that T450 UltraNav in T440 works best under 18.0.7.57 Synaptics drivers from 05.08.2014. In the newer ones trackpoint physical buttons are not working for some reason. Anyway, no matter the version, options in control panel are the same.

luk1505
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,625
Message 2 of 2

Re: T440/T450 Touchpad configuration (circular scrolling on whole touchpad area) in Windows 10

I went step further.

The exact option I need to change for Circular Scrolling to work on the whole touchpad area, is "One Finger Edge Scrolling Region".

panel.PNG

As you can see it is only possible to choose from predefined options (small, medium, large). However I did some research and on previous versions of Synaptics driver there was an option to change it manually, by dragging this little black squere:

reference.png

I checked the registry and it seems there's nothing useful in \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\
Somehow it must be possible to change it. I would greatly appreciate any ideas.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors