Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
blackprince
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,348
Message 1 of 3

T440 failed disk, replaced, restored image, no drivers :(

The HDD on my two-year-old T440 failed this week.  I have replaced it with a Samsung SSD of the same size (500GB), and have restored a disk image using TBI's Image4Windows, but my laptop is now borked.  the problems are:

1. None of the networking works - Windows 7 reports that no network devices (neither Wireless nor wired Ethernet) have drivers.
  2. Other devices - display adapter, mouse, etc - are showing as generic defaults, rather than the Lenovo versions.  I can set the display resolution, but, for example, I can no longer do a two-finger tap on the track pad for a right-click.
  3. Windows 7 is reporting the C: drive (the only disk) as being 297GB, instead of 500GB.

The biggest problem is the lack of any networking, of course.  How do I fix this?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,336
Message 2 of 3

Re: T440 failed disk, replaced, restored image, no drivers :(

Hello and welcome,

Hmmm, the image was taken from this machine?  I'd expect that to restore everything.

You could try installing and running ThinkVantage Sytem Update.  It should find the drivers appropriate for your laptop.

You'll need networking to run it even if you download it somewhere else.  Try installing this wired network driver first:   Intel Pro/1000 LAN Adapter

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

blackprince
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,295
Message 3 of 3

Re: T440 failed disk, replaced, restored image, no drivers :(

That's super, Zoltan - many thanks for poinitng me to those.  I was able to resinatll the Wireless Networking driver, and then got the Think Vantage Update, and all is now well.

I am still unsure what I did wrong with TBI, and will dig a little further to see if I can understand what caused the problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors