Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
serverWeb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,107
Message 1 of 5

T440 hinges cover replacement

I have a problem on the hinges which caused a fracture on the rear lid and now on the hinges cover, not the front lid cover. The hinges cover has also a strip that looks like plugged in the rear lid and functions as bottom connection with the display. Of course it is also covering the hinges.

I found a list of t440 components here: https://download.lenovo.com/parts/ThinkPad/t440_fru_list_20140213.pdf

but I cannot find which model should I refer to buy a new substitute. Can anyone please help me, there? 

Partially related to the issue, I have bought a new rear lid model 04X5447 but I have been unlucky and from bad transport, it arrived slightly bended: looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/rIZyC

Do you think I can use it a suitable replacement?

Thanks in advance for you help

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,088
Message 2 of 5

Re: T440 hinges cover replacement

I think if you use the lid that is pictured, you will damage your panel.

You talk about a strip or cover at the bottom of the screen.  It sounds like you have a touch screen.  True?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
serverWeb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,080
Message 3 of 5

It s not a touch screen. The screws in the picture i ve posted are visible but they shouldn t. So i think it s inside the frame is broken. it s a unique place and covers the hinges too.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,068
Message 4 of 5

It looks like they pulled out of the lid, so you are correct that you need that part.  There is a small bezel that **bleep** in front of the panel and is screwed in.  I cannot tell if it is damaged without disassembling.  The last piece sticks onto the outside.  They are difficult to remove without damage and reuse.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
serverWeb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,045
Message 5 of 5

Yes it is difficult to remove without damage, so I am trying to figure out this bezel part number/pin/serial-number and where can I order a new one. Disassembly would be my last choice and probably I won t even find the tag, if someone can tell me this part number would be a great help. 

Thanks, so far.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors