08-30-2017

IT

17 Signins

131 Page Views

• Views: 131
  • Message 1 of 2

T440 in-built keyboard keys messed up

2018-06-05, 9:44 AM

My in-built keyboard keys are messed up(it is a US-keyboard layout under Windows 10):

"S" key does always "Print Screen"

"CTRL" key does always "CTRL"

"4" key does always "Power" and it puts always PC to sleep, not forced shutdown

"ESC" does always "FnLk"

most of other keys looks like are not working. Looks like they are not matched in a keymap

I have antivirus Avast and I am clean of viruses, malwares, etc.. Drivers are latest Keyboard driver: Standard PS/2.... and Window 10 OS is updated. I tried to unplug, clean and plug in again the keyboard and it looks like for sometime that the problem disappeared (I checked every key and they were all working). Later the problem suddently goes back in the same way I described earlier: "S" does print screen, etc...

Now it becomes suspicious!!! When the keys are messed up I cannot use the keyboard while booting, the 2 bus that connects keyboard to motherboard look perfectly connected, motheboard looks undamaged as in-built keyboard does. If bus was damaged it would never be working, right? The problems happens suddently usually after sometime when I relocate laptop but I cannot really understand the event that generate the problem whether it is random, caused by someone or else.

So I think the problem has to be software since it is perfectly working after unplug and plug in again and because it happens suddently.

What do you think? What is the cause of the problem? Idea for solutions? 

Options

2 Posts

03-04-2020

PE

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:T440 in-built keyboard keys messed up

2020-03-04, 13:15 PM
Hello, How did you fix it? I'm facing the same problem. I tried updating/uninstalling driver, installing latest hotkey driver. I even reinstalled Windows 10.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save