Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t440dude
Paper Tape
Views: 238
Message 1 of 1

T440 touchpad detects gestures but ignores single tap and pointer movement

My touchpad is behaving very strangely. I can click (by pressing not tapping), double click, scroll and make 3 finger gestures alright. I can't move the pointer. I put my finger on the touchpad and drag it but the pointer doesn't move. Single/double tap also doesn't do anything.

Trackpad is enabled in bios. I have updated, uninstalled, reinstalled the driver multiple times (both from Windows device manager and Lenovo website). I have restarted the laptop multiple times. I have booted up in safe mode. Nothing works. I can't get the pointer to move. This started happening after the Windows 10 Creators Update. It used to happen once every few days and a few reboots would fix it. Now, its been almost a week but the problem isn't going away.

In the mouse properties, some options are greyed out (including the Touchpad) but I see no explanation why they are disabled and I can't find a way to enable them. pics

I also booted up my laptop from a Ubuntu live USB and the touchpad worked perfectly so the problem is with Windows, not with the hardware.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors