09-07-2017

US

2 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 1

T440 touchpad detects gestures but ignores single tap and pointer movement

2017-09-07, 10:42 AM

My touchpad is behaving very strangely. I can click (by pressing not tapping), double click, scroll and make 3 finger gestures alright. I can't move the pointer. I put my finger on the touchpad and drag it but the pointer doesn't move. Single/double tap also doesn't do anything.

Trackpad is enabled in bios. I have updated, uninstalled, reinstalled the driver multiple times (both from Windows device manager and Lenovo website). I have restarted the laptop multiple times. I have booted up in safe mode. Nothing works. I can't get the pointer to move. This started happening after the Windows 10 Creators Update. It used to happen once every few days and a few reboots would fix it. Now, its been almost a week but the problem isn't going away.

In the mouse properties, some options are greyed out (including the Touchpad) but I see no explanation why they are disabled and I can't find a way to enable them. pics

I also booted up my laptop from a Ubuntu live USB and the touchpad worked perfectly so the problem is with Windows, not with the hardware.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save