Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luckybeginner
Paper Tape
Views: 6,302
Message 1 of 2

T440P BIOS reset hole

Hi guys,

My T440P is just two years old. However, yesterday I got the five short beeps and the black screen when start up. Looks like the mother board is down. I did researh on line and found some machine can be recoveryed by the emergency reset hole. However, I am not able to find it in my T440P. Does T440P have such a hole? Is there any other way can resolve this issue? Very appreciate.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,265
Message 2 of 2

Re: T440P BIOS reset hole

I was hoping someone with a T440p would answer.  I don't have one to check, but what I remember is that there really isn't one.  The back cover is easy to remove, so you can pull the main battery and remove the back cover.  The CMOS battery is at the upper right.  If you disconnect that and press the power button a couple of times to drain the capacitors, that will reset it.  I always suggest people try a different DIMM if they have one.  Bad memory can cause all sorts of errors.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors