usersol
Paper Tape
Views: 117
Message 1 of 3

T440S - Help - Keyboard only works in safe mode

Hello,

Please I need help.

I have a lenovo t440s.

I started having problems with my keyboard yesterday.

I am typing this with an external keyboard that is connected via usb.

When I power on the computer I am unable to type in my password to login into windows.

When I press the space key, I see the lights under the keyboard come up.

When I continue to press on the space key, the lights cycle through all the levels then turn off.

I notice that the red light under the F4 key stays on all the time even when I have shutdown the computer.

When I press the Fn key the light behind the f4 key gets  brighter.

Pressing the ESC key repeatedly causes the green light under the Fn key to turn on and off with each press of the esc key.

I have run lenovo solution center(v 3.12.003) and the hardware scan passed.

I followed the steps here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-only-works-in-safe-mode/18473843-708d...

The keyboard worked when I went into safe mode however when I restarted the computer normally again the keyboard was no longer working.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 70
Message 2 of 3

Re: T440S - Help - Keyboard only works in safe mode

Hello usersol!

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forums. Did you disable some of the non microsoft services/start up programs? This could be due to a recent software installed. Use windows search and type system configuration, on the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager. On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer. Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

usersol
Paper Tape
Views: 46
Message 3 of 3

Re: T440S - Help - Keyboard only works in safe mode

Hello Hassen,

After following your steps the keyboard appears to be working now.

I am typing this with the built in keyboard and I have the external keyboard disconnected.

What are the next steps that I need to follow?

Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors